Aboslute Wilderness - We offer one or two week horseback adventures in the Northern Rocky Mountains. Our trips are based out of our mountain camps that we access by float plane. That’s right – you fly-in to camp where the horses will meet you. This pretty much guarantees that you will not encounter anyone from the ‘outside’ during your stay with us.
From our mountain camps, we can take day rides into alpine meadows and basins, or ‘spike out’ to different camps.
Besides experiencing the romance of the trail and the absolute wilderness of the Northern Rockies, we can taylor your trip to your interests, which might include:
- Wildlife Photography (including bird watching).
- Backcountry Horse Skills (saddling, packing, hobbling, picketing, mountain riding),
2015 Dates: June 24-30, July 01-07; July 08-14.
- Max. group size of 4.
- Day 1 (Sunday)
- Depart (by float plane) from Muncho Lake, on the Alaska Highway
- Fly into a remote wilderness camp in theNorthern Rockies
- Day 2 through Day 6 (Monday through Friday)
- Stay in our rustic cabins or pack up camp and trail further into the mountains.
- Day 7 (Saturday)
- Fly back out of the mountains to theAlaska Highway
Due to the small group sizes, this adventure can be 100% customized to meet your expectations.