Saskatchewan Whitetail deer Hunting
Limited spots remaining for
Nov. 17th Deer Hunt
SAVE $1100 ON THIS LAST-MINUTE HUNTING TRIP!
TOTAL COST IS $3500 (INCLUDES HUNTING LICENSE AND ALL TAXES)
REGULAR PRICE OF $4600.
remote wilderness Whitetail Hunting Camp:
– 10 miles past ‘the end of the road’, is our base camp, an old-school trappers camp on the banks of the Torch River. To get there you will probably travel by all three of 4wd truck, ATV, … It’s tough to get there.
– Modern (since 1950) ‘upgrades’ include a generator for basic electric service (lights, etc), and a shower house. No phone.
– The hunts are not physically demanding, but you must be able to ‘get around’ – up and down river banks and tree stands – and you must be able to travel on ATV’s.
– It can be COLD in November.
– We manage harvest rates very carefully. We expect our hunters to ‘hold out’ for a mature buck ~140 class, or better. We assume you are not coming to Saskatchewan to shoot a deer you could easily get at home.
– Accommodation: 2 log guest cabins, with wood stoves, which comfortably sleep 6 – up to 8 guests.
– Meals: Breakfast, bag lunch, and a full meal after the hunting day is over.
– Guides provide transport to & from stands.
– Multiple pre-baited stands, scouted with trail cameras, for your guides to select from.
– Deer retrieval, skinning & prep for transport home or to a taxidermist (usually freezing).
fill out the form to learn more or secure your spot in our upcoming hunt
We are currently in camp, and do not have cell phone service, but we do have access to email/form submissions.
Why hunt Whitetails with Gunson Guiding & Outfitting
With our Saskatchewan Whitetail hunts, Gunson Guiding & Outfitting is getting back to our roots. We started out in 2001, as an Archery only Whitetail Outfit, in southern Manitoba. That was, by far, the most fun guiding/outfitting that we have ever done. There is nothing quite like trying to outsmart an old whitetail buck.
Our Saskatchewan Whitetail territory is unique in that it is a true wilderness camp – there is essentially no hunting pressure, and many of the deer can live their life without encountering a human. Being a wilderness area, the deer densities are not as high as in some farmland areas, but our bucks get BIG. Because we do not have the raw Quantity of deer, we manage our herd for Quality – and expect our hunters to hold out for 140 (or better) class bucks. We adjust our hunter numbers to match our deer populations, and have never used our full allocation of deer tags.
This is an excellent hunt for a small group (4-6 hunters) who want a wilderness camp to themselves.
For those wanting a little more adventure – we have a second camp, used primarily for moose hunting, where the whitetail population has been steadily increasing in recent years. We have never hunted deer there. This provides a virtually un-heard of opportunity – to hunt a ‘new’ whitetail area, where the deer have been dying of old age.
Give us a call today to start planning your whitetail hunt.
Gunson Guiding & Outfitting
Jake & Cecilia Gunson
Through the summer and fall we will not have regular access to e-mail or phone service. If you need to contact us, leave a message at (250) 500-2717, and we will return your call as soon as we are able to.