Saskatchewan spring black bear Hunting
Limited spots remaining for
spring 2020 black bear hunts
Call for availability on specific dates
may 31-june 6
TOTAL COST IS $3378 (INCLUDES HUNTING LICENSE AND ALL TAXES)
remote wilderness black bear Hunting Camp:
A fully guided wilderness hunt that includes meals, accommodation, transport during hunt, and a guaranteed tag (no draw). This is a very high opportunity hunt, and a fun hunt for groups of 1-6 hunters, kids 12+ welcome!
– Camp is ideal for groups of 4-6 hunters. A group of 4-6 hunters will book the full camp – we won’t add anyone to your group.
– For a group of less than 4 hunters, $10,000 (excluding licenses etc) will book the camp if you want a week to yourself.
– We are happy to book single hunters and smaller groups, and to put together a full week.
– We expect all our hunters to harvest mature boars.
– Accommodation: 2 log guest cabins, which can comfortably sleep 6 guests.
– Meals: Breakfast, late Lunch (main meal of day), and a very late Supper (light meal following pick up from stands after dark).
– A cook does the cooking. Guides provide transport to & from stands (via boat and/or ATV).
– Multiple pre-baited stands, scouted with trail cameras, for guides to select from.
– Bear retrieval, skinning & prep for transport home or to a taxidermist (usually freezing).
– Fishing – in the river at camp. The quality of the fishing varies significantly with the water levels.
ABOUT TORCH CAMP:
– 10 miles past ‘the end of the road’, is our base camp, an old-school trappers camp on the banks of the Torch River. To get there you will probably travel by all three of 4wd truck, ATV, AND boat… It’s tough to get there.
– Modern ‘upgrades’ include a generator for basic electric service (lights, etc), a shower house (with hot water on demand), and wi-fi (via satellite). There is no phone service. We recommend that you ignore the wi-fi and enjoy the wilderness experience.
– The hunts are not physically demanding, but you must be able to ‘get around’ – in & out of boats, up and down river banks – and you must be able to travel on quads.
fill out the form to learn more or secure your spot in our upcoming hunt
We are currently in camp, and do not have cell phone service, but we do have access to email/form submissions.
Why hunt Black Bear with Gunson Guiding & Outfitting
With our Saskatchewan Black Bear hunts, Gunson Guiding & Outfitting is getting back to our roots. We started out in 2001, as an Archery only Whitetail Outfit, in southern Manitoba. That was, by far, the most fun guiding/outfitting that we have ever done. There is nothing quite like trying to outsmart an old boar.
Our Saskatchewan black bear territory is unique in that it is a true wilderness camp. We have an ‘exclusive’ guide area – nobody else can provide guided bear or deer hunts in our area. This is essentially a 100% opportunity hunt. Most hunters will see multiple bear, but some will pass on smaller bear while waiting for ‘the big one’, that may or may not show up.
Give us a call today to start planning your black bear hunt.
Gunson Guiding & Outfitting
Jake & Cecilia Gunson
Through the summer and fall we will not have regular access to e-mail or phone service. If you need to contact us, leave a message at (250) 500-2717, and we will return your call as soon as we are able to.